May 21, 2018 Adobe announced it has entered into a definitive agreement to acquire Magento Commerce. The addition of the Magento Commerce Cloud will enable commerce to be seamlessly integrated into the Adobe Experience Cloud, delivering a single platform that serves both B2B and B2C customers globally. This deal gives Adobe a missing piece, powerful weapon to compete with Salesforce on the eCommerce field.
Adobe Cloud Platform was acting as a vehicle to collect and understand customer data inside the Adobe toolset. Magento Platform allows Adobe to make step further and bring customer interaction to a higher level, enable real-time experiences across the entire customer journey, make every moment personal and every experience shoppable.
Huge enterprises like Coca-Cola, Warner Music Group, Nestlé and Cathay Pacific has been already benefiting from running Adobe and Magento. And their choice is obvious as both platforms have noticeable advantages for big corporations.
We are looking forward to results of this merger. It should become a very fruitful union.
- Startup. From idea to success - round table by Residence of Startups
- Gartner Names Magento (Adobe company) as a Magic Quadrant Leader
- Green eCommerce (How to improve eCommerce sustainability)
- Do you really need an optimized checkout page
- eCommerce is no longer about buying products it's about the customer experience