We all are here to drive innovations. Merchants improve customers’ lives selling them products that solve their needs in a better way, provide services that simplify their life and bring them joy. We as developers day by day, line by line, make these innovations come to pass, allowing merchants to scale and enrich their business with new technologies.
Moreover, this innovative power is in our unity. Each Magento release is a result of hundreds of contributions, fixes, and enhancements, thousands of hours of diligent work of Magento developers from all around the world.
Magento Open Source 2.3.1 has over 200 functional fixes to the core product, over 500 pull requests contributed by the Magento community, and over 30 security enhancements.
However, let’s highlight the most noticeable changes released in Magento 2.3.1
- Page Builder. Exclusively for Magento Commerce 2.3.1. It’s an aspiration to help merchants to implement their business needs without a line of code: new content block editors, drag-and-drop content creation, live previews during storefront design.
- Improved order creation workflow in the Admin
- Ability to upload PDP images without compression and downsizing
- Inventory Management 1.1.0 (Community-developed feature!) Check Inventory Management Release Notes
- Improved developer experience (Automation of upgrade process dependency assessment, Progressive Web Apps (PWA) Studio, GraphQL)
- Substantial security enhancements (over 30 security enhancements that help close cross-site scripting, arbitrary code execution, and sensitive data disclosure vulnerabilities as well as other security issues)
- Performance boosts (management of customers with 3000 and more addresses)
- Infrastructure improvements (Magento 2.3.1 supports Elasticsearch 6.0, Redis 5.0.)
Check the full list Magento Open Source 2.3.1 Release Notes
So don’t postpone with the upgrade. It helps you to maintain the highest level of efficiency and security.
- Green eCommerce (How to improve eCommerce sustainability)
- Do you really need an optimized checkout page
- eCommerce is no longer about buying products it's about the customer experience
- E-Commerce Live 2019 in Amsterdam
- Eltrino partners with Startupbootcamp Amsterdam for a collaboration that adds value to all