We’ve updated our handy app for deploying Magento 2 Open Source on DigitalOcean.
It was suspended for some time due to repported issue with the app on the Magento community forum.
Just replying to this because this still seems to be an issue in 2021, using the Magento 2 Open Source droplet app available in the digitalocean marketplace, every 24 hours i would be greeted with a 504 and had to reboot the server, got so annoying i just ended up killing my builds on digital ocean and moving elsewhere and using a different platform.
We’ve never received similar support requests, but if someone has a case, we need to prevent it from occurring in the future.
Magento 2 Open Source on DigitalOcean v1.4.3 updates:
- Updated Varnish and Elasticsearch settings (allocated 512MB of memory instead of 1GB)
- Installed the unzip application which speeds up installation
- Added ability to enter the domain along with http / https during installation
- Added installation of Magento patches via the magento / quality-patches tool
- Installed Redis and set it up for cache and sessions (allocated 256MB)
- Minor changes to Ubuntu (limits.conf + sysctl.conf)
- Fixed sample data installation issues
- Minor fixes of the install script
- Turned off the php7.4-fpm
- Increased cache time for static resources (expires for js / css / fonts, etc)
The latest version was tested thoroughly, and the mentioned issue isn’t replicating anymore. So 1-Click App for Magento 2 v1.4.3 is live again on DigitalOcean Marketplace. Feel free to use it to save your time (just 25 minutes to deploy Magento).